Apr 3, 2023
In this episode, Pancham interviews Tim Milazzo,
co-founder and CEO of StackSource. He identified the market
opportunity for a tech-enabled commercial real estate financing
Before StackSource, Tim worked for tech giants
Facebook and Google to help expand online advertising.
He comes from a family with a history in real estate.
Listen and let's know more about Tim on our podcast!
Listen and enjoy the show!
"There are risks associated with trying new
opportunities, but you will regret not doing it."
Timestamped Show notes:
- 0:35 - Pancham introduces Tim
Milazzo to the show
- 2:08 - How he started in
StackSource, and his journey before this
- 5:35 - What StackSource is all
- 10:46 - Tim's hard decision to
leave the tech giants he worked with
- 14:20 - Competitors of
StackSource in tech-enabled real estate
- 20:44 - Debt funds are taking
more market share than banks now
- 24:16 - Pricing for StackSource
- 30:50 - First time Tim invested
outside of Wall Street
- 31:55 - Fears he had to overcome
in his first deal
- 34:32 - His advice for people
starting their investing journey
- 35:59 - How can you connect with
3 Key Points:
- The market has shifted, capital is getting more expensive, and
the interest rate has been rising for the last year.
- Lenders are getting more cautious when they want less exposure
to certain asset types.
- Debt funds, defined as private lending vehicles, take more
market share than banks nowadays.
Get in Touch: