Jul 13, 2020
In today’s show, Pancham
Mauricio Rauld, Founder
and CEO of Premier Law Group.
As a syndication attorney,
Mauricio helps syndicators understand the nitty-gritty of real
estate investing. Or, as Mauricio puts it,” stops them from going
You will learn the difference
between a private offering and the ubiquitous IPO. Mauricio then
explains the difference between 506 B and the lesser-known 506 C
exemption. What are some of the reasons why most syndicators choose
to operate under a 506 B exemption?
If you are a passive investor
thinking of investing in a syndication, then this show will be of
particular interest to you. Mauricio has some great pointers on how
to conduct a due diligence so that you can protect your hard-earned
We hope you enjoy this
– Understanding the basics – how do private investments
– Mauricio’s background information
– As a syndication attorney, how does Mauricio help real estate
– Private Offering vs. IPO – Mauricio explains the difference in
– Mauricio shares his typical client avatar
– What is a Regulation D exemption?
– What is the difference between 506 B and 506 C exemption? What
are some benefits of 506 B over 506 C exemption?
– Which exemption do crowd-funding platforms like Realty Mogul
– What are some benefits of 506 C exemption?
– As a passive investor, should you avoid investing alongside
– What is the ONE thing that you should consider in your due
– What is a private placement memorandum? Should you insist that
your sponsor furnish a PPM before you park your hard-earned money
in a deal?
– As a passive investor, is your liability restricted? Can you be
sued in case of any untoward instances?
- 30:21 - Taking the Lead
– When was the first time Mauricio invested outside the Wall
– What fears did Mauricio have to overcome when he first invested
outside the Wall Street?
– Can you share one investment that did not go as
– What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who is
investing in the Main Street?
– Mauricio shares his contact information
- Private Offering vs. IPO – understanding the
difference in simple terms
to conduct a thorough due diligence before investing your
- 506 B
vs. 506 C exemption – Understanding the difference