May 31, 2021
In today’s show, Pancham
interviews Lane Kawaoka - engineer-turned-investor, leader of the
Hui Deal Pipeline Club, and the host of Simple Passive
After turning his own home into
a rental property, he accidentally discovered his ticket out of the
rat race - real estate investing! So, he left his W2 day job and
has now acquired over $500m of real estate properties and has been
syndicating over $60m of private equities!
In this episode, Lane proves
that financial freedom is possible as he shares how he diversified
his investments, discovered his niche in private placement
syndications, and the strategy that best works even in recessions!
He will also share witty insights and advice that can help you with
your investing decisions.
Listen and enjoy the
“To me it’s fun to go around,
meet people, learn about different businesses, and
- 0:59 - Pancham introduces Lane to the
- 2:19 - How he went from engineer to full-time
real estate investor
- 4:37 - Switching from rental properties to
private placement syndications
- 8:19 - How being in a public sector helped with
his investing career
- 12:20 - What his current portfolio looks
- 14:47 - How he survived his identity crisis and
- 16:54 - How his recession-resilient strategy
- 19:27 - Using your goals to determine the life
you want to live
- 25:24 - Taking the Leap Round
- 25:24 - His home-turned-rentals as his first
- 26:18 - Overcoming analysis paralysis and
letting the numbers decide your plans
- 27:35 - Why investing with a wrong person is a
cause of failed investments
- 30:06 - Why investors should simply do the
- 33:07 - Lane’s contact information
3 Key Points:
- Rental properties are a good way to start off
your investing journey.
- Know what you really want to do in life and
pursue that because at the end of the day, you’re doing these
things for yourself.
- Identify the investing strategy that works for
you, your lifestyle, and your income goals.
Get in Touch: